CHRISTIAN INDUSTRIAL TRAINING COLLEGE THIKA
Christian Industrial Training College (CITC) Thika is a middle-level College that was established in 1972 as a project of the Anglican Church of Kenya, Thika Diocese.
CITC is registered and licensed under the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology as MOHEST/PC/1880/012.
The college is also accredited as both a training and examination center under Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) and National Industrial Training Authority (NITA).
CITC’s main objective is to provide technical, industrial, vocational and entrepreneurial training to the youth so that they can compete in the job market. In addition to skills development, CITC aims at empowering and/or nurturing those graduates with entrepreneurial attributes by motivating them to start small enterprises in various sectors as honest entrepreneurs with integrity.
Besides education, students undergo rigorous spiritual and life skills training and mentoring programs for them to appreciate and demonstrate professional work skills and christian values in the workplace.
We are currently offering various technical and business courses at certificate and diploma levels (both part-time and full time). Similarly, we have a great passion for moulding individual talents through various co-curricular clubs-sponsored activities that include sports, music, drama, and art among others. This has helped students realize their abilities outside the classroom as well as shaping them not just academically, but also physically, socially and academically.
Since its inception over 40,000 people from diverse backgrounds have been equipped with technical and soft skills. Many of these people are among the most successful business people in various industries. Others are holding very influential positions in public service, manufacturing industries, and companies.
CITC Thika has continued to embrace changes that have occurred in the training industry, hence making it one of the most competent colleges. We are determined to continue imparting skills to all the people in line with Kenyan’s vision 2030.
WHY STUDY AT CHRISTIAN INDUSTRIAL TRAINING COLLEGE THIKA
CITC Thika is a place where ideas, passions, and questions can be fully explored. With a number of clubs and student organizations, you’ll find something for every interest and passion. There’s so much to do, countless opportunities to connect, nourish talents, and serve others. As a student at CITC, you’ll never have a shortage of things to do. You can study, play, network and take part in a huge variety of activities. You can join an existing group, or even start your own endeavor.
Our Student Life team serves as your go-to resource to help ensure that your time here is a rich, healthy, safe and memorable one. Whether its athletics, joining a club or taking part in a community project, we’re here to guide and support you. In addition, we offer health, safety, career, and multicultural services.
What makes CITC Thika stand out in the technical training industry is that:-
- It is situated on the outskirts of Thika town, hence providing a serene environment for learning.
- A very competent team of instructors who are teacher service commission (TSC) accredited.
- Being a Christian institution, discipline enforcement is key to the trainees hence ensuring that the graduates are not only skilled but also disciplined.
- The college is fully registered by MOE through TVET.
- CITC Thika is an accredited center for KNEC and NITA Exams.
- It gives free career advice.
- It has flexible training programs i.e., full time, part-time, and distant learning. We also give those who did not do KCSE or want to improve the grades a chance to realize their dreams.
- We provide excellent accommodation facilities and good meals within the school.
- CITC Thika has a great wealth of experience in training. It has the well-equipped workshops that give our trainees exposure and skills that empower them beyond failure.
- We collaborate with like-minded partners like Safaricom Foundation, KCB Foundation, ENSO Kenya e.t.c. that creates synergy in equipping our trainees.
At CITC we develop leaders. We give students a chance to play a major role in shaping college life which provides additional opportunities to lead and bond with fellow students. We even integrate community outreach into our curriculum; students reach out to the community and beyond. It’s a wonderful way to have an impact and learn new skills at the same time